Exhibition Veg Seed Collection
6 Seed packets, 1 of each variety
Pack quantity: 6 packets
Item code: 48241
Despatch: Within 7-10 days
At all NVS shows there is a class for a collection of six kinds of vegetables. Winning this class is a very prestigious achievement as it demonstrates the skill required to grow a number of different vegetable varieties to exhibition standard. We’ve put together a seed range including many of the specific varieties that have won previously, so that you can enter next year!
What’s more, you’ll save £3.00 on buying them individually.
Collection contains 6 packets, 1 packet each of:
• Carrot Sweet Candle F1-This superb carrot is rapidly building up quite a reputation with exhibitors! Roots are very uniform, smooth-skinned and blunt-ended. Both internal and external colour are superb and the delicious, cylindrical roots are topped with strong, vigorous foliage. 300 seeds.
• Cauliflower Raleigh F1-Pinking' is a curse for the showman, but the deep, top quality curds of this splendid variety remain white because even when mature they are really well protected by the foliage. 30 seeds.
• Celery Starburst F1-A most impressively long variety, which not only eats wonderfully well, bit is also well up to the mark for exhibition work too. The stalks are strong, broad and pink-tinged towards the base. A fine future awaits this excellent trench celery. 50 seeds.
• Runner Bean Benchmaster-Red Flowered This well-named variety is British-bred and red-flowered. Its long, straight, tender pods can reach 40cm/16in long with care and while exhibitors will want to restrict the number of pods per plant, it crops very heavily if left to grow naturally. Fine flavour is a bonus! 50 seeds.
• Parsnip Panorama-Strong resistance to canker is the hallmark of this long-rooted variety. Hybrid vigour ensures large, weighty roots, which are full of flavour and may be lifted for several months without losing condition. 200 seeds.
• Onion Exhibition-This splendid new variety is well named, as we predict a bright future for it on the show bench - while its mild flavour and crisp texture mean it will also be in demand in the kitchen. The golden-skinned, well-shaped bulbs can reach 6in across when well grown, and are most attractive.
Please note that the image is used for illustrative purposes only.